Dental veneers are custom designed shells of tooth-like ceramic material that, when applied to the surface of a tooth, can cover worn tooth enamel, uneven tooth alignment or spacing, and chips or cracks with little or no anesthesia required. Often an alternative to crowns, veneers don’t require the dentist to remove much of the tooth itself in most cases. Dental veneers can help create a brilliant white smile with well-made, well-aligned teeth. The nationwide average cost of dental veneers is around $ 700 per tooth.
When are veneers appropriate?
Such minor problems can be repaired functionally and aesthetically with a composite “white fill”. Where a composite resin material is bonded to the tooth to fill the chip or gap and better protect the surrounding tooth structure. But for more severe cases of dullness, wear, discoloration Plastic surgery for men
, slight chipping, cracking, spacing, or uneven teeth, dental veneers may be recommended as the most appropriate solution.
* Worn enamel: over time, the thin, white substance that covers the teeth (enamel) can wear, dull and discolour. Such wear and discoloration can be natural or the result of a genetic predisposition; however, it is often the result of your habits (consumption of soft drinks, tea or coffee, smoking, use of drugs, etc.).
* General Wear: Teeth wear down naturally as we age. Aged teeth are more likely to have chips, cracks, or a generally uneven appearance.
* Genetics: Some people may be born with abnormal tooth spacing that widens as they age.
* Uneven teeth: Uneven teeth can result from tooth grinding or general wear.
* As an option for a crown: In addition to being aesthetically pleasing, dental veneers can also serve a functional purpose by protecting the surface of a damaged tooth. In some cases, veneers can replace the need for a dental crown, eliminating the need for more invasive tooth preparation.
How are the veneers attached to the teeth?
Teeth are prepared for veneers by lightly polishing to account for the added small thickness of the veneer. A mold of the teeth is taken, from which the veneers are modeled. The temporary veneers will be placed and worn until the permanent veneers are ready. While wearing temporary veneers, notify your cosmetic dentist of any adjustments or changes you wish to make, such as in shape or size. These changes will translate into the permanent veneers, so good communication between you and your dentist is important in getting your new smile. Your dentist places the veneers with water or glycerin on the teeth to check their perfect fit and shade or color. The color cannot be changed after the veneers have adhered to the teeth. The tooth is then cleaned with chemicals to achieve a durable bond. Once the glue is between the veneer and the tooth, a beam of light is used to harden the glue / cement.…